FGS LWML meetings are held the third Monday of the month in September through May. Each meeting starts with fellowship including a snack, includes a brief business meeting, and has one of five activities. Three times a year we have Bible Studies, three times a year we have Guest Speakers, there is a Christmas Dinner/Party, an annual planning meeting in September, and a craft meeting in March. In addition to the meetings, there is a LWML Night Out dinner in June.
- The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- It has as its “mission heart” thousands of volunteers who are daily dedicating their lives to making a difference in this world.
- “Lutheran Women in Mission” describes in spoken and written form who we are and what we do.
- It is women who are finding avenues to use their God-given talents as they meet the challenges to share the Gospel message.
- It is composed of individual women and women’s groups within congregations of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, on campuses, in resident homes, or in other settings.
- Women who have an interest in the mission and ministry of the LWML – and wish to be a part of the organization may ask the local LWML Society of First Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- The LWML seeks to develop and maintain a greater mission consciousness among women of the LCMS through education, inspiration, and service.
- A major emphasis is the support of mission and ministry throughout the world by means of mite box offerings. These mite box offerings have funded tens of millions of dollars in mission grants since the organization’s inception in 1942.